Cummaquid Round Robin Invitational
October 17 & 18, 2020
Welcome to the 2020 Round Robin!
We have a FULL field of 60 teams. It is imperative that all groups keep pace with the group in front of them. We are counting on everyone to play at a pace that will allow us the time to finish all shotguns with plenty of daylight remaining. We will have rangers on course enforcing pace of play. This will benefit all players and we thank you in advance for your cooperation.
We ask that at the completion of each round please return promptly to the clubhouse and return your completed scorecards for each match. When we have all completed scorecards we will then shotgun for the next round. An Air horn blast will signal that it is time to return to the golf course for your next match.
Saturday, October 17
10:45am Registration & Check in open
Included Box lunch
12:00 pm Round 2 match will shotgun
2:30 pm Round 3 match will shotgun
Sunday, October 18
9:15 am Round 4 match will shotgun
12:00 pm Round 5 match will shotgun
2:30 pm Originally scheduled Round 1 match will shotgun
Included Box Lunch
We look forward to seeing you all on Saturday!
FORMAT & RULES
1. There are (10) flights of six teams each. Each team will play every other team in their flight in one nine-hole match. All flights will play (3) nine-hole matches on Saturday and (2) nine-hole matches on Sunday.
2. Play will be from the BLUE tees. MARK, LIFT, CLEAN & PLACE IN YOUR OWN FAIRWAY, 12 INCHES.
3. USGA Rules Govern play.
4. One (+1) point will be awarded for each hole won, and one (-1) point will be deducted for each hole lost. No points are awarded for a halved hole. A maximum of five points can be won or lost in any given match. Please return completed and attested scorecards and match results to scoring area promptly upon completion of play.
5. Play will be at 90% of handicap. Half handicaps have been computed. Play will be off the low handicap in each match.
6. Flight winners will be the teams that have accumulated the most points over the five matches. Ties in any flight will be decided by the winner of the head to head match, if the head to head match was a tie, we will use stroke holes of head to head match to determine winner.
7. If a match is forfeited for any reason, the opponent will receive five (+5) points. In the event a team is not represented on the tee at the scheduled time, the opposing team will tee off and win each hole until the other team arrives to a maximum of five (+5) points.
8. If all teams in a flight do not complete every round, the match results for the completed rounds will determine the winners.
9. Please see back of club scorecard for additional local rules.
10. First Place in each Flight: $190ea Pro Shop credit
Second Place in each Flight: $145ea Pro Shop Credit
Sunday out of the money in each flight: Most points earned Sunday $25ea Pro Shop credit
11. Skins pool: 3 divisions broken up by flight:
$80 per team to be paid before first match
Flights 1, 2, 3 & 4 GROSS ONLY
Flights 5, 6 & 7 NET ONLY (Tournament Handicap)
Flights 8, 9, & 10 NET ONLY (Tournament Handicap)
Saturday Skins will be for first two rounds only!
12. You and your partner will have the same golf cart for both days. If you are interested, you may leave your clubs on your golf cart. Your clubs will be cleaned and safely stored overnight.
13. Local Rules: (For additional local rules see back of scorecard)
On Hole #4 if you ball comes to rest between the Red Penalty stakes and the white line, you may drop - Nearest point of relief with no penalty. If your ball is to the left of the Red Penalty stakes you are in the Penalty Area.
If your ball comes to rest in a bunker, you may take a preferred lie, NEAREST point, no closer to the hole, inside the bunker. If your feet are outside the bunker initially, they must remain outside the bunker after the preferred lie.
Immovable Obstructions Close to Putting Greens - Sprinkler Head Rule
In addition to the types of interference described in Rule 16.1a, when a ball lies in the general area, interference also exists if an immovable obstruction is: on the player’s line of play, is within two club-lengths of the putting green, and is within two club-lengths of the ball. The player may take relief under Rule 16.1b. (Exception – There is no relief under this Local Rule if the player chooses a line of play that is clearly unreasonable.)